Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

THE MOST PINTERESTING THINGS OF THE WEEK

I am constantly dreaming of what the interior of our house will look like.  I simply cannot wait to get in there and decorate the heck out of it!  The thought makes me giddy.  :)

So, naturally, I browse Pinterest every day and soak up every beautiful house photo and good house idea that I can!  I have an entire board dedicated to our house!

For those of you who follow me on Pinterest, you probably have already seen these pins.  Nevertheless, I thought it would be fun to share what I pinned for the house this week and tell you what my thoughts were of each individual pin.

I will try to make this a weekly post.  This week I pinned ...

... this adorable little wooden box to corral small countertop items:

 
I could totally make one!  I have made little wooden boxes before - so easy!  Hmm ... if only I had several small and attractive cutting boards to display like that.  I will have to start collecting!
 
I also pinned these combination cabinets and bookshelves: 

 

I absolutely love the idea of those built-ins, especially in a dining room where more storage is always needed.  I could hide the less attractive items in the cabinets below and decorate the shelves with the pretty things.  It's too bad I can't really think of a place in our house to put something like that.  Our dining room is pretty open to the other rooms with no blank walls.  Maybe something with shorter cabinets for a TV wall?  Hmm ... wheels are turning ...
 
Next up, I pinned:

 
Aaauuhh!  Those letters!  I NEED to do something like that for our laundry room!  It is so stinking cute!
 
Here's something a little less attractive but more practical:

 
Definitely need to install that on our TV wall to hide all the cords!  I was already thinking of something like that ... maybe have the framers hide some type of a PVC pipe in the wall so there is one opening behind the TV and one on the ground for the cords to come out?
 
Check out this cool contraption:

 
We are going to have a fireplace, so wouldn't that thing look cool in our living room?  I know I could build that.  I pretty much have already built a very similar cart all by myself, so  I would just have to add the plumber's pipe.  (For our very first Christmas together as a couple, Carleton bought me power tools.  It was right then and there that I knew he was the man for me.  Haha, just kidding!  But, my first project with those tools was a cart exactly like the one above.)
 
And, I saved the best for last!  Check this beautiful photo out:
 

Did the clouds open up and angels sing while viewing that photo??  They did for me!  The initial reason I pinned it was for the floors.  I absolutely love the color of those floors - especially the variances in color between the individual boards.  Upon closer inspection of the above photo, I realized that our house's entryway will be a tiny bit similar to it.  Our stairs are in the foyer (but on the left side, not the right) and we will have a balcony like that to look up to the top of the second floor.  But, I think our balcony will be pushed forward a bit and our foyer is much smaller.  But, I want to copy that white board and batten on the stairs!  Just gorgeous!

Well, I hope that was as fun for you as it was for me!  Can't wait to show you my pins again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment