Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

FRAMING - PART TWO

Hello, everybody!  Ready for more pictures?  I hope so!!

In my "Framing - Part One" post, I left everyone with this photo ... (excuse me while I rummage through 395,392 photos to find the one that I left you with last time ....)

Here it is!


The framers had completed the walls for the entire first floor.

So, here is what has happened since then!  Drumroll, please ....


Oh, hey!  Snow!!!  And ... a second floor!



Here is the view from the front right corner (the attached garage):


And the view from the side:


And Odie and Bandit make an appearance.  <3

And this is the view from the opposite back corner:


It looks pretty confusing, I know.  The door to the left goes into the the back of the garage and the big opening you see is actually where our fireplace will go, so that's not a doorway.  Also, the boards that are jutting out to the right off the upper level will be a tiny little balcony from our master bedroom!  Apparently those boards had to go there anyway, but the framers had to cut all of them to the length of our house.  We just had them leave a few uncut and replaced a window with a door and bam!  Balcony!

Then they finished up covering everything with plywood.  You know, to keep the snow out from the snowstorms we have been getting every. single. Monday.  For the last four Mondays.  Go away, winter!

  

And then .... the garage got a roof!!



Ahh!  I was so excited this day!  It's really starting to look like a house!!  And, I may be a little biased, but I think it is so stinkin' cute from the front!!

We still don't have the main roof on quite yet, but they did finish up with the plywood and enclosing that bonus room above the garage today.  We were able to walk around up there this afternoon and I am so ecstatic for that room!  That bonus room above the garage will remain unfinished, but we didn't realize how spacious it was.  Eventually (years from now), Carleton and I can finish that room ourselves and make it something cool!

So .... do you want to see what our house will look like soon??  Yes, you do?  Okay!


Isn't it so cute?!!  <3  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment